Our Company
jim srJim Trimper Sr.
President / CEO
Jim Trimper Sr. became General Manager of Denton Cottier & Daniels in 1973, then ten years later 1983, purchased the firm and has since acted as President and CEO. Jim believes that every time a piano or organ is sold, a loyal friend is made, and many loyal friends build a successful business. Please come in and visit so the staff of Denton Cottier & Daniels can be of service to you.
trimpers
Jim
Trimper Jr.
Vice President
Jim
Trimper Sr.
President/CEO
Michelle
Trimper
Vice President
A Bit of Our History
James D. Sheppard
In 1827 a man named James D. Sheppard, Denton, Cottier, & Daniels founder, brought Western New York it’s first piano to Buffalo up the Erie Canal on a mule drawn boat. The old Eagle Tavern on Main Street was the first location for Sheppard to display his instruments. He later opened a store which is now the location for the Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, downtown branch.
cottierHugh Cottier
During the 1850’s, Hugh Cottier moved to Buffalo from New York City and was to become a partner with Sheppard. Later, in 1863, Robert Denton joined the firm. Sheppard’s passing in 1867 saw the name of the firm changed to Cottier & Denton and it so remained for twenty years until 1887 when William Daniels was made the third partner.

danielsRobert Denton
Our facility was housed at a storefront at 32 Court Street for over a hundred years when in 1976 the entire business was relocated into a previous satellite store in the Northtown Plaza.

danielsWilliam Daniels
In 1999, Denton Cottier & Daniels moved to our new and present home at 460 Dodge Road in Getzville, New York.
We continue the tradition of showing and selling the finest pianos and organs available and have the privilege of being The Oldest Steinway Dealer in The World!